23 March 2009

Power Outage


So the storm that came through knocked my power out at about 9:30 last night. I was happily watching some Grey's Anatomy on the desktop I moved from the office into my room and downloading the latest episodes of Private Practice on my laptop. Then bam. Power goes out and everything shuts off. The desktop, the laptop, the ceiling fan, the night-stand light, everything. I laid there for a few minutes hoping it would come back on, but it didn't. So I got up and went searching for candles and matches with the help of the light from my cell phone. After I lit a few candles I got back in bed and while I was laying there I was soo bored. What the hell did people do before electricity? I guess I could have read a book, but seriously what is there to do without power? And another thing, houses are cree-pay without the hum of refrigerators, computers, and TVs. All you can hear are noises from outside and the wind howling. Boredom and silence got the best of me so I rummaged through the office by candle light and found earphones and watched Grey's via my iPod. Ha, screw you power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never give up, do you? :p
I'd have gone to bed early.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...