03 February 2009

To hell with February 3, 2009

I had a real shit-tastic day. Not one where you want to go back to bed and start over. No, the kind where you want to go to bed just so it's over, so you can start a whole new day. Because surely, tomorrow has to be better than today. Nothing really big or terrible happened, it was just one of those days. It started off with a headache, which is no different than any other day, but a good solid foundation to my shit-tastic day. So I have a headache, I'm running late, and I can't find anything to wear. Someone will probably shoot me with a tranquilizer gun and tag my ear soon because that's how fat I feel lately, but that's a whole other issue. So I can't find anything to wear and my hair sucks, so I just wear a hat, which doesn't help my headache because it just adds to the pressure around my head.

Well I made it to work and we have a few new people starting today. Cool. I am in charge of on-boarding new hires, which means I make sure all of their paperwork is filled out correctly and our benefits and policies have been explained. Well all of that would go a whole lot smoother if our heavy duty copy machine were working. It wasn't. Everything I tried to copy would copy half the page crooked and then it would get jammed. Then each time I'd bend over to open up all of the paper compartments in an attempt to un-jam the jam, the brim of my hat would hit the top of the copier and pop up. Annoying, much? So I thought, okay, no big deal, I'll use our fax machine to make the three copies I needed. No. I won't. It was completely jammed too. Fine. I'll use the printer in my office to just print out new ones from the original soft copies. Do you think I could find the files anywhere on my computer or the office file server? No, of course not. Soon the repair man from Les Olsen came and fixed our heavy duty machine and I could do what I needed there. Thus phase one of my shit-tastic day.

Phase two. Everything is falling on the floor. And not just on the floor. It rolls under my desk or under the cabinet and I have to fish it out. The file drawer slams my finger. Then the cart I deliver mail on gets stuck in the elevator. Then everything on the cart slides around and I have to re-organize everyone's mail. Then the rubber band around the business cards snaps and they go everywhere. Seriously?

Phase three. I've craved a banana Slurpee all day long. Really. Since I woke up. So at lunch I made my way to the Sev on 1200 West and they had my banana Slurpee, but it wasn't frozen yet. Yes. I pour it in my cup and it's all liquid. All 'slurp' no 'ee'. So I went to the one on 800 North. Nope. They didn't even have banana. So I got pina colada instead. I'll be back tomorrow for banana.

Anyway, there is my poo day. On a happy note, I did get Tonka's nails trimmed and I did finally satisfy my bbq hamburger craving. But, I am still giving the bird to February 3, 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you're so fat. :p
Sounds like you've got one mischievous office gremlin!

-nick and whitley- said...

ANNNNND you missed when Brynlee and I stopped by... :[ :[ what a TERRIBLE day!

Anonymous said...

Wow Meagen, that really does beat all... even this!

Let not your heart be troubled. God's wrath will move on.

And banana Slurpee? I never realized there was such a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...