01 February 2009

Doh

Thursday night was interesting. I have about the same routine each night. I take my Ambien, then wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I play fetch with Tonka for about 5-10 min and by then the meds have kicked in and we are ready for bed. Well Thursday, I followed my normal routine, only we had a bit of an accident while playing fetch. I picked up a toy to throw it. Only as my arm went back, Tonka jumped for the toy and instead of getting it, he latched on to my thumb and I immediately had a big chunk of it missing. Ouch. I knew the bite wasn't going to need stitches, although I was concerned that Tonka hasn't finished all of his shots. So I immediately called my Mom and her and my Dad came over. Dad stayed and played with Tonk, while Mom took me to the ER. I don't really remember much of the rest of the night, because I had already taken my Ambien. But they gave me a Tetanus shot and sent me home. Apparently, anytime someone goes to the ER with a dog bite they are required to report it to the police. So while I was there an officer came down and took my statement. Like this little face could really hurt anyone.

Anyway, I'm fine, just thought I'd post some pictures. I look like hell, but hey, I was ready for bed when this all happened, thus I have zero make-up on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh! He's had his first taste of blood. One day he'll turn on you like a pit bull.

...note the sarcasm :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...