12 August 2012

#3 - Birth Marks, Scars, Tattoos, and Piercings

Challenge prompt: Do you have any birth marks, scars, tattoos, or piercings?

I have D: all of the above. Here are the stories:

Birthmark- I have a rather large, but barely visible birth mark on the top of my right forearm. A few years ago I was sitting at the kitchen table with my Mom. She asked why my arm was all dirty. I looked down, saw nothing, and asked where? She then pointed to the big 3.5 x 2.5 inch patch of darker skin on my arm. I proceeded to tell her how it's been there my whole life. Then I was mad at her for the rest of day. How can your own mother not notice a HUGE birth mark? Do you see it?

Tattoos and Piercings: I have two tattoos. And want another. They are addicting! So the first one I got in Hawaii many years ago. It's a dragonfly on my lower back (shocker) and the second is a small four leaf clover on my left shoulder blade I got earlier this year. Both hurt. I want more. Aside from my ears, I have one piercing. My belly button. I wanted to get my belly button pierced since I was about 14. Just after my 18th birthday I had told my then boyfriend that I was thinking of getting it done soon. We were playing pool one day and made a wager of sorts. If I won the game I'd get it done whenever I got around to it. If I lost I had to have it done that afternoon. I lost and we were at the tattoo/piercing shop within an hour. My first belly ring was a really cute dark purple. Getting it done didn't really hurt. The needle went through so quickly I didn't even notice. It was sore for a few days while it was healing though. I still keep the ring in my jewlery box. I don't think I'll get any more piercings, I just never really got into them that much. I considered getting a monroe once upon a time.

Scars: I have lots. Most of mine are from surgeries. I have a bunch of scars on my stomach. I had ovarian cysts removed (twice) and my gall bladder removed. One of the scars from the gall bladder reallllly bugs me because it's not centered on my stomach. It's just slightly to the left. Drives me nuts. I have OCD. There's also a pretty big one from my appendix removal. I've got a couple on my right shoulder from when that was repaired. And there's one on my finger from stitches. Good times under the knife.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to save my blog from extinction. So I am doing a 30 day challenge. I'll answer one of these prompts each day.
See prompt: 1 and 2
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Chelsea Nielsen said...

HAHA Meagen! I love that you got mad at your mom for the rest of the day! That's something I would totally do too! Lol. Love the new blogging too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...