08 August 2009

Stats & Stalkers


When I first created my blog during the fall/winter of 2007 I wasn't sure I'd keep up with it. I was skeptical about the whole thing. I didn't feel like I really had anything important to say and even if I did who would actually want to read it? But I have found that it's an amazing avenue to keep up with old friends, getting feelings off my chest, and more importantly record my life. When I was younger I wrote in a journal almost daily. Most entries were in the classic form of "Dear diary, today I...". The entries don't have a lot of profound meaning to them, but maybe one day when I have children they will find them in an old attic and get a glimpse into my life as a child. I wish I would have had my blog during high school or made more of an effort to record that time in my life. I'd like to get my blog printed similar to the printed version of my Mom's dirt blog. The company we used for that was still in beta version back then, so I am sort of waiting for them to add more options until I print mine.

Anyway, I love to check the stat counter on my blog and I recently went over 20,000 page loads. Go me go. I suppose I shouldn't be too excited by that number though since I've set it up so that each "hit" is just a page load, and not a unique IP address. So technically, I could visit my own blog a million times and that's how many hits I would have. (Side note - yes, I know that it's sad that I am excited by this and yes I said IP address. Get over it.) Regardless, I love that I can track the people that read my blog, how they got there, and when they come back, which posts are most popular, and which ones aren't. It's just cool. I wish there were a way for me to see who follows me with the various feed readers though. 

Most of my hits come from local people, but I do have a few blog stalkers from all over. I wish I knew who you were Buffalo-NY, Niceville-FL, or Norwhich-CT. Maybe one day I will. Anyway, if you guys don't have stat counters on your sites look into getting one.

3 comments:

John Pender said...

I'm sure you can see mine on there.

Michelle said...

haha i know i love looking at my tumblr stats too! my blog doesn't get much traffic but my tumblr gets people from the most random places :) but now i'm a little embarrassed that you know how much i stalk your blog. hahahaaa :)

Meagen Ridley said...

Ha ha! Don't be embarrassed! I stalk your tumblr too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...