22 August 2009

School Supplies Drive

There's something magical about a box of crayons! And Doba and it's employees are donating over 500 of them to Geneva Elementary! We put together a school supplies drive for our community service project this year and it went really well. Employees brought in supplies for over 3 weeks and at the end of the drive a few people made cash donations which Doba matched dollar for dollar. I headed to Walmart with over $500 and bought more supplies. Monday I'll take everything to the elementary school. Check out all this stuff!
500+ boxes of crayons

300+ glue sticks

300+ spiral notebooks

150 pocket folders, 750 pencils, 75 scissors, 500 erasers, 100 rulers, 250 pens

100 colored pencils, 60 markers

This is the cool sign I made to track our progress.
We used gold stars to represent each item donated!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

YOU ARE DA BOMB!!!

John Pender said...

You're awesome, Miss Ridley!

Shantell said...

Hey Meagen, I am Shantell. I work with Romney! I seen your blog and thought what a cute girl and you are single?!? well Romney left you a comment about being set up! I have a couple cute guy friends that are really great guys! I would like to set you up! One of thems name is Jeff. He is 25/26 years old and way fun! The other is Josh. He is 29! e-mail me and let me know if you have an interest in any! Neither have been married or have any kids.
my e-mail is
shantell.daley@gmail.com

Ryan & Rachelle said...

Way to go Meagen! You are so awesome for planning this and keeping the motivation up for everyone. I hope we have more drives coming!!!

Jc and Alissa said...

Yay, Meagen! Schools and school teachers appreciate these efforts more than you will ever know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...