19 January 2009

Books


I'm in an "I love books" phase again. I go through them from time to time. I love the way the binding breaks on a paperback after you've read it. I always remove the outer casing on hardbound books if they have them and I absolutely love the way book stores smell. It's just perfect. I have book store standards though; I don't care for Barnes & Noble and rarely shop there. The people there put off this snobby vibe. I prefer Borders. Maybe my "standard" makes me the snob though. I never really thought of that. Whatever. I've never been in one of those used local book stores. I want to buy a book from one of those one day. Add it to my Life List of Things to Do. Anyway, I love books right now and just wrote my first book review here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy. I can't wait till you review my book. I don't know if you've picked up or not from reading my blog, but I'm in the process of writing one right now.
Go shop at the used book store. That's the only place I go. You get off so much cheaper and it's a lot more pleasant. I avoid the big box stores at all costs.

Anonymous said...

Used bookstores are the BEST! Barring that, I try to shop at locally owned places rather than the book megamarts. About the books in the pic though... I love Gabriel Garcia Marquez, but I'm more intrigued by that copy of Gargoyle. I've never met anyone other than me who's read it. What did you think of it?

Meagen Ridley said...

I am going to make an effort to make it to a used books store or two this year. I loved The Gargoyle. I actually did a review of it on one of my other blogs: www.ahealthyresolution.blogspot.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...