28 January 2009

Pickle Standards

Until recently, I didn't stock any real food at my house because I was rarely there. Since I have Tonka now, I need to come home at lunch to let him out to play for a few minutes. I also eat lunch here now, so I've been forced to fill the cupboards and fridge with lunch making stuff. As I cut a pickle for a tuna melt this afternoon I thought how if my Mom were there she would surely make a comment on what we call my "pickle standards". If you know me well enough you'll know exactly what I mean by "pickle standards". For those who don't, I'll explain. I will only eat/buy Nalley brand pickles. I do not like any others and I CAN tell the difference. Give me the taste test. I will know which ones are Nalley and which aren't. So, as I put the jar of Nalley's back in the fridge I took a look at other things and noticed that I have a lot of food standards. Then I looked in the cupboards, more standards. In the bathroom, more standards. After only a few minutes I came up with a whole list of standards.
Nalley pickles
Nalley chilli
Fiji water
Philedelphia cream cheese
Best Foods mayo
David's Sunflower seeds
Coke
Schike Intuition Razors
Almay Eye Make-up Remover
Alcon Opti-Free contact solution
Hilton Hotel chains
I know that everyone has their own preferences with brands and such, but when do 'standards' turn into just being high maintainence? What brands are you loyal to?

2 comments:

Brenda said...

rofl!!!!!! If people really knew you...EVERYTHING has a standard with you. You must get that from your mom eh? Surely yes, afterall, I have daughter standards. Nothing but the very best for me! L.L.s

Brady and Madi said...

Completely agree on the pickles. But mine have to be the garlic kind. And not sliced. Same with the mayo. It actually can be Best Foods or the Kraft kind, but none of this store brand. EW! And I also don't eat fat free sour cream.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...