27 January 2009

Things That Must Go: Food Edition

So, I have this other blog and it has got me thinking a lot more about food, cooking, eating and such lately. It has also got me thinking of things that totally bug involving food, cooking, eating, and such. So here's my List of Things That Must Go: Food Edition. Enjoy! 
  • The white gunk around an orange after you've peeled it
  • The fork at my parents house with the one prong that is slightly bent, I always get that fork somehow!
  • When "my spoon" is dirty. Yes, I have a favorite spoon. It lives at my parents.
  • When a couple eat at restaurant and they sit right next to each other and snuggle. Annoying! Take your hands off each other for 5 minutes and eat your food. If you really enjoy the eat and snuggle that much, get a hotel and order room service. Please spare the rest of us.
  • Raisins. I just don't like them.
  • My can opener. It is like ancient and takes me forever to open a can. You have to hold it at just the right angle otherwise it won't work. Yeah, time for a new one. 
  • When you are cutting something like a steak for example and the knive scratches the plate. AH. It's like nails on a chalk board. I can't handle it. 
  • Margarine. Seriously, why would you use that when you can have real butter? 
  • When you forget about the ice cream you were thawing on the counter for so long it got too melty, so you put it back in the freezer and then you have refrozen the melty part. It tastes funny.
And I'm not all negative nancy so here is my list of things that must stay-
  • My parents making dinner every night and allowing me to mooch :) Love you Mom & Dad!
  • Going over to my parents, opening the fridge, and finding a nice cold Coke. Mmm.
  • Chocolate Oranges year round
  • Cadbury Mini-Eggs for each holiday!
  • Fiji Water

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate seeing snuggle bunnies when I'm eating out. It bugs me to no end seeing two people at a booth sitting on the same side and leaving the other side empty. I love my wife, but I don't want to be sitting next to her constantly.

Brady and Madi said...

I know what you can do about the can opener situation.
Brady and I didn't like the one we had so we stole one from work at lunch in the break room hehe.

More Bacon said...

Parents who make you dinner and love you up even though you're an adult = such a wonderful perk! I think the same thing about my parents.

And I'm with you on the cadbury mini eggs--I can't buy them because I would eat the entire bag, and then buy more. I had to put a moratorium on buying them because they are so good. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...