05 November 2009

Mess to Hot Mess


So I was just cleaning up my bathroom and I realized something. I use a lot of shit to put myself together each day. I mean a lot. And since I have a lot of free time on my hands I counted it. I use 27 different products on a daily basis from when I step in the shower to when I wash my face at night. 27! Does that seem a bit excessive to anyone else? It does to me, but then I got to thinking, if I tried to cut back on my product usage where could I start. Umm.. I can't get rid of any of it because it's all basic stuff I need! For example: when I shower I use shampoo/conditioner, soap, razor and face wash.  When I do my makeup I wear/use/need eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, mascara, base, blush, and chapstick. That's it. Nothing excessive there. Hair: detangaler spray, heat protector spray, shiney shit, hairspray. Night routine: face wash, eye makeup remover, toner, acne lotion. Misc stuff: lotion, chapstick, contact solution, deodorant...  See. I need all of those things. Well. I guess I could cut out the shiney hair shit. But then I asked myself if I could only keep and use one item from my big tote of hot mess supplies (pictured above) what would it be? Hmmm.. I'd go with my mascara. What would product would you chose to save?

5 comments:

Mark Lundgren said...

Is it a coincidence the the Yankees won their 27th World Series title last night? =)

sunni said...

i pick blush. I LOVE IT!! I feel like it just makes your face look awake adds some color. Mascara would be great but I will just get my lashes tinted. i love blush.

Anonymous said...

i would choose contact solution... i have contacts too, and without that stuff your kinda screwed!!!! but if your talkin about make-up i would def need mascara or chapstick!!

John Pender said...

I'd pick hairspray, because if anything, I can at least burn stuff with it.

Michelle said...

i have been thinking about this every time i get ready. and at first i wanted to say blush, and then i thought maybe bronzer, and then i thought maybe just my bare minerals powder, but THEN i plucked my eye brows yesterday, and i realized, i am totally fine with my face having no make up as long as my brows are nicely shaped. so yeah, my tweezers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...