06 September 2009

3-Day Weekend!

Welcome to my newly designed blog! I have been wanting to redo it for a long long time, but each time I tried, I hated the results and just went back to the old blue background and yellow font. But not today! I was freaking Productive Polly today, I woke up at 4AM! Don't know why, just woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed (not really). So I was just laying in my bed and I signed into Facebook and wouldn't you know, my Mom was awake too. Ha ha! So I chatted with her for a bit and then she went back to sleep (lightweight). Shortly after that I got up and showered, got ready for the day, cleaned the house, washed-folded-and-put-away all my laundry, walked Tonka, made muffins, and then it was only 8:15AM. Ugh. So I decided to teach myself the HTML code for a 3-column blog template. Woo! Go me go! It only took me most of the rest of the day, but as you can see, I did it. I am very pleased with myself. I've wanted 3 columns since I started keeping a blog almost 2 years ago and I could never figure it out or find the correct code for it. Also, I updated a few of the Sites I Visit links (to the left), but if I missed anyone and you'd like to be included send me an email (link on the right) or leave me a comment.

Let see other things I've done this glorious 3-day weekend: went tanning Saturday night and will go again tomorrow morning, changed the shower head in the master bathroom, started Eat, Pray, Love (on page 39), finished the 1st season of Mad Men (really liking it), I've done my stretches twice everyday, and tomorrow I hope to muster the energy to rearrange my bedroom, but moving my bed and dresser could be difficult with my shoulder.

Also, if you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that I am on my 3rd round of steroids. Which I hate, but I love because today my ear feels soo much better! It makes my heart race like crazy and I eat like a horse, but that's okay because I am not dizzy or ear achy. So I hope I feel this well tomorrow. On the agenda is scouring both bathrooms top to bottom and take Tonka for a long walk at the park. I hope everyone has a happy Labor Day and enjoy a few pictures I took today!
On our morning walk

The grass was wet from the sprinklers so Tonk's paw prints were everywhere!

Me, myself, and I

Chocolate chip cookies and blueberry muffins

4 comments:

paintingyoupretty said...

FYI. Read all 3 books you are "Currently Reading" Love Them!

John Pender said...

I like the new design. You know, you could have just asked me for the code. :p
Glad you ear is doing good.
I need to go back and redo my blog too. When I switched mine over to host on my own domain, Google emptied out my blogroll column on the right for some reason. May just get rid of it and go with a simple list like you have. What do you think?

Meagen Ridley said...

I suppose I could have just asked for the code. I did once way back in the day and no one had any suggestions other than switch services to Typepad or WordPress. It was a little fun figuring it out though. I may ask for your help in the future!

I use Google Reader to keep track of all of my blogs and sites for me. But I do like the idea of linking others to my blog and them linking me, promotes site traffic. I prefer the simple link list because it's less cluttered, and the links don't move around when someone updates their blog.

John does your wife have a blog? I was looking at your pictures on Facebook the other day and she's a cutie! I hope you have a great Labor Day.

John Pender said...

No, she doesn't. She's not into all this blogging and stuff like us cool kids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...