18 May 2010

Potato Salad and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I've been living at my parents house for the last week doing the Home Health Care IV treatments. I am really starting to feel better. It's amazing how crappy you can feel when you get dehydrated. Anyway, I am getting really bored here. I have been in bed for going on 5 weeks now. I have watched all the TV and movies I care to. I have caught up on all my regular TV shows (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and Saving Grace). And I found a couple new ones along the way (Nurse Jackie, Bones, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Intervention, Inked, and LA Ink). But now I am just bored. So I decided to make Potato Salad, twice. For my fabulous Potato Salad recipe visit my food blog here.
Finished!
I typed the potato salad portion of this post two nights ago and never got around to publishing it. So tonight I was bored again and make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk cookies. They are delish!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter, room temperature
1/2 c peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 oz sweet chocolate, chunked

Directions: Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the butter mixture. Add chocolate chunks.

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. For chewier cookies, bake at 300º for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...