22 June 2009

So not what I had planned


I woke up this morning somewhat refreshed. I really did. Last night I celebrated Father's Day with my Dad, ate a really good dinner, cleaned my house, did all of the laundry, updated my blog and I slept well, even though I didn't fall asleep until after 12. I had a great weekend and I was determined to have a great week. I've been in kind of a funk the last few days and I decided this morning to make an honest effort to stop letting certain things bother me. So anyway, I wrote myself a note on the mirror, because that's what I do and got ready. As I was driving to work, my Endodontist called and asked if I could head to their offices right then to do the next step of my root canal. I thought, well that's kind of cool, I can get it over with first thing. Wrong. It was not cool at all.

This is my 3rd appointment for this root canal. My second appointment was cut short because my original dentist broke one of the files off inside one of the canals of the tooth. He could not get it out and the treatment could not be finished until it was, so he sent me to the Endodontist guy, and that was my appointment this morning. The Endodontist couldn't get the file out either, and was concerned with continuing to try because apparently my tooth has gotten re-infected since my 2nd appointment on Thursday. Ugh. So I have to do another round of antibiotics and go back in again next week. To top all of this off, I had an allergic reaction to the dental shield thing they put over your mouth to isolate the tooth. So my face is hugely swollen and red and itchy. Also, my jaw had to be open at a weird angle in attempt to get out the broken file, so it is really sore. So the Endodontist told me to get one of the heat back wraps and keep it around my jaw to help keep it loose. Ugh. Today was supposed to be good, and it just isn't. I wanted to get lots of things organized at work, start my excising again, and clean out the closet in my spare bedroom. But instead I am laying in bed with a heat pack wrapped around my red swollen face. Lame.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW! So many things I COULD say, but won't. :)

-nick and whitley- said...

aww.. dangit. i'm sorry lady!! :] do you need some ummm... ice cream?! can you eat?!!

Anonymous said...

Aww. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...