14 June 2008

Things Dad Taught Me on the Golf Course



I went golfing with my Dad today! Well, he golfed and I drove the cart. I've played his caddy a few times and its always so fun, I love spending time with him. Thanks for taking me golfing Dad!

Here are a few things I learned while on the course today-
  • Clubhouse trail mix is tasty no matter how long it's sat in your golf bag.
  • Finding a ball in flip flops is not fun.
  • There seems to be a significant amount of self doubt in the sport of golf. Players are always commenting on how they will probably shank the drive or miss the putt. I'm pretty sure when a ball player heads out to the box and his teammates cheer him on he doesn't turn around and say "I dunno Mike, you've seen me play. *shakes head* I'll probably strike out. Ha Ha."
  • Call "fore" as soon as you think the ball will come close to someone. Not after the ball has hit the ground.
  • Do not hit your ball into the rough were the mosquitoes live. They will be very upset when you try to find it.
  • "P" does not mean putter. It's pitching wedge.
Dad on the driving range

In the cart waiting for our tee time

Just a cool picture I took there

2 comments:

Holli said...

Haha.. Heres a little something the golf course probably wants Meagen to know about golfing. Don't wear flip flops and sweats on our golf course. How Un profesh.

jayni & ben said...

haha you are your dad are so cute! I love that you go golfing with him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...