29 March 2011

Returning to an active routine

So I am slowly trying to get my butt back into an active routine. On Sunday, my Dad took me to the tennis courts to play. I've never played tennis once in my life, but I have to say that I did surprisingly well. It was really fun actually and I am hoping to go again tomorrow if the weather permits. My arm/elbow are pretty sore today from swinging the racket, but otherwise no harm done. I love learning things from my Dad. He is an amazing athlete and teacher.

Today my Dad and I went to the Orem Rec Center for a work out. He started in the weight room and I immediately jumped on the treadmill. I knew I didn't want to push it too hard since it's been a year since I was working out on a regular basis so I started out just walking at a 2.5 pace and then increased it to about a 3.3. After my little warm up I decided I wasn't going to be able to run the full 30 mins so I decided to run (at a 4.4 speed) every other song. It worked out pretty well. I'd like to go 3-4 times a week so I can get back down to my normal size. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

J N H said...

i want to get back to exercising, too! my problem is finding the time. yikes! I could be sleeping at four AM but I'll go workout I guess! ;) Good luck!

Chelsea Nielsen said...

GOOD LUCK! :) I'm gonna get back on the exercise horse again too. You're blog has been another good motivator. Thanks!

jayni & ben said...

I wish you could motivate my butt some how.... Good luck. Love ya :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...