01 January 2010

Update & Resolutions

Welcome 2010! Yay! New year! Okay, so an update. Christmas was good, different, but good. I have survived not taking any of the Prednisone. I've been off it for 2 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised, usually when I don't take it I am flat on my butt with vertigo and pressure in my head, I only had one night where it was really bad. The remainder of the week was bearable. I went to the Rheumatologist on the 28th and he had absolutely no answers for me in regards to my ear/equilibrium issue. I knew he wouldn't, he deals with arthritis, but whatever, I'll play that game. So I returned to my family practitioner and he put me on a diuretic (water pill) and after 3 days, I must say my ears feel fanfrickentastic! Seriously, I haven't felt this good in 6 months. The pressure is receding, the crackling is gone, the dizziness is under control. I'm like a whole new woman! So I am hoping that they continue to improve and maybe the issue will resolve itself? Although, there will be a big part of me that will be pissed if all I needed this whole time was a water pill. We'll see.

New Years! Let's see, we spent it at the hotel again. Playing games, watching movies, eating, drinking, snacks, etc. It was fun though, another year has passed without a new years kiss. Lame. As far as the new year, I have made a few resolutions.

1. No more swearing.
2. Read 1 book/month.
3. Wii Yoga 3x week.

I'm afraid my mouth has turned into that of a trucker as of lately, and it's really just unattractive. So no more swearing for me. I tried the book thing last year in addition to the documentation of each meal resolution. That lasted about 3 months, which was rather impressive considering the effort it took each day. But I have stacks of books that I truly do want to read, I just need to get my butt in gear and do it. I figure if I have a deadline of one per month I should definitely be able to handle that.

So here's what I plan to read the next 12 months. A couple I have read previously, but they are so good, I really want to read them a second time. I may change out one or two if I hear about good books others are reading. Do any of you have any suggestions of books I might enjoy? Leave me a comment or sent me an email if you do! I'd be happy to look into your suggestion.


Let's see my last resolution, we received Wii Fit for Christmas and I haven't had a chance to fully play it, but I want to make a goal of doing Wii Yogo for 3x/week. So I will start and it will track it for me and WOO! I'll be limber and able to move again in a matter of weeks. Wish me luck in sticking with all my resolutions. What are your resolutions?

4 comments:

Alissa said...

I love books! Here are some of my favs: The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns, East of Eden, A Farewell to Arms, Lucky (author of Lovely Bones--this story is about her own rape), etc.

John Pender said...

Glad you're feeling good!

jayni & ben said...

I should do those resolutions as well. I love wii fit. It is fun but you get a work out. Now if I could just get my lazy butt off the couch and do it!! Meags I am so happy you are feeling better :) Seriously made me so happy when I read that. Sucks you can't sleep sometimes still :( I hate that!! Love you. I want to see you.

Meagen Ridley said...

I miss you J! How are you feeling being prego? We should do lunch sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...