18 December 2007

LASIK

LA·SIK (lā'sĭk) n: a surgical operation to reshape the cornea for correction of nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism that involves the use of a microkeratome to separate the surface layer of the cornea creating a hinged flap providing access to the inner cornea where varying degrees of tissue are removed by an excimer laser followed by replacement of the corneal flap called also laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis.

So I have had terrible vision since as long as I can remember. I started wearing contacts in 4th grade! I wear 6.50 in my right eye and 6.0 in my left, so yeah, I can't see a dang thing without my contacts in. I have decided to get LASIK eye surgery in January *hopefully*! I still need to be seen by a doctor that performs the procedure, but I am soo excited! It would/will be amazing to just wake up and be able to see everything instead of feeling my way to the bathroom. I am looking for doctors, does anyone know of any good ones in Utah County? Apparently, my regular eye place, Knighton Vision, has gone out of business, so now I have to start over. Let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...