22 October 2011

Fried Green Tuna-mato

So I've been trying to cook a bit more lately and this is my newest creation! I call it Fried Green Tuna-mato. Basically it's a fried green tomato with tuna on top.  I don't measure when I make cook, but here's my best recipe.

Fried Green Tuna-mato
3 cans of chunk white tuna, in water
3 green tomatoes
3 eggs
2 C bread crumbs
1 C grated parmesean cheese
Mayo
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Oil for frying

Open tuna and drain water. Mix with a few tablespoons of mayo. Add salt and pepper to taste, put in refrigerator. Mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese, add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Beat three eggs in separate bowl, set aside. Clean and slice tomatoes into thick slices. Maybe 3/4 of an inch.

Heat up your oil. I like to do this in a skillet type pan, so there is about a 1/2-3/4 inch of oil. Dredge your tomato slices in the eggs then in the bread crumbs and cheese, then fry them in the hot oil until they are golden brown. Remove from the oil and put on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Top with cold tuna and serve. Yum!!

1 comment:

Chelsea Nielsen said...

I am so glad you posted this. It looks so fricken yummy. Thanks for the recipe. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...