21 October 2008

Sad Day for Shoes

So I have a pair of Steve Madden shoes that I bought a long time ago. I love them. They are cute, comfortable and fit under a lot of my jeans and other pants perfectly. So I wear them a lot. I've worn them so much they are officially worn out. Yeah they are a little ragged around the edges but the worst part of them are the bottoms. I've worn the treads out completely and so they are super slickery, especially if the ground is wet. I think these shoes were a big reason I slipped and broke my tail bone last winter. The ice covered steps may have contributed as well. Anyway, I took them to the shoesmith hoping to have the bottoms replaced. I also took my black zip-up boots to have new rubber pieces put on the spikes on the heal. 

When I dropped my shoes off the guy looked at me, then at my Steve Maddens, laughed and told me there was nothing he could do for them and it was time for me to let them go. SAD! But he told me he could fix the black boots and they'd be ready in a few days. 

In the mean time I've been in search of replacing my Steve Maddens. Well after many Google searches I found a site that sells them, in three different colors. The problem is I can not remember what site it was. To be honest I was falling into an Ambien-induced sleep when I found them and didnt save the link. And on top of that the shoesmith called today and said he couldn't get the spikes from the heal of my black boots to come out so he couldnt fix those either, but he'd be happy to discard them for me! This guy loves to throw away my shoes! So now I'm out two pair of shoes. Sad day. 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh that is so sad! I have the same problem with falling in love with shoes. My mom finally threw a pair of my favorites away when I wasn't looking. Of course they were a pair that lasted my whole mission and after. Just think, though, now you get to go shoe shopping! There is just something about shoe shopping that soothes the soul.

OH, and I was already planning on bringing some dirt back for your mom. I'm even going to the blackest beach to get it...well, and some amazingly cool photos. I saw her blog a couple days ago. I was just sad that I hadn't seen it before so that I could have brought some sand back from South Carolina when I was there a few weeks ago.

Unknown said...

Did you happen to purchase either of these pairs of shoes at Nordstroms?! They fix docs for FREE!! =) Just an idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...